Student Employment Forms

1)  Download the Student New Hire Packet which contains the forms needed for the following instructions. 

2) Complete a Student Temporary Authorization Form (page 2 of Student New Hire Packet) with your supervisor.

If you have never worked on campus before, bring that authorization with you, along with the following forms and documents, to the I-9/E-verify processing site in Room 387 (follow the signs once you arrive to that Career Development Center area) of the John E. Thomas Building

3)   I-9 (page 5 of Student New Hire Packet)

  • Fill out page 5 of Student New Hire Packet (Section 1) and bring original, unexpired documentation (see page 7 of the Student New Hire Packet for list of acceptable documents)
  • If you do not arrive with original, unexpired, acceptable documents we will have to turn you away.
  • We will use the I-9 to complete your E-verify.

4)   NC-4EZ  (page 4 of Student New Hire Packet) tax form or NC-4

5)   W-4 tax form (page 2 of Student New Hire Packet)

6)   Once you are set up as an employee by payroll, you can sign up for direct deposit via your Employee Self Service tab.

Interested in a Part-Time or Summer job?

We have a job fair just for you! Details here.

Nominations for Student Employee of the Year!

If you would like to nominate a student employee for the Employee of the Year Award, please download, fill out the following form, and turn it into Student Employment.

Download: Nomination Form


Join our Oddjobs Google Group to Find  A Job
On or Off Campus

Contact Us

John E. Thomas Hall, Room 389
Appalachian State University
P.O. Box 32032
Boone, NC 28608
Fax: (828) 262-2834

Stephanie Hickey
Student Employment Coordinator

Phone: (828) 262-2879
About Stephanie

Administrative Assistant
Phone: (828) 262-4099

Division of career dev