Student Employment Forms
1) Download the Student New Hire Packet which contains the forms needed for the following instructions.
2) Complete a Student Temporary Authorization Form (page 2 of Student New Hire Packet) with your supervisor.
If you have never worked on campus before, bring that authorization with you, along with the following forms and documents, to the I-9/E-verify processing site in Room 387 (follow the signs once you arrive to that Career Development Center area) of the John E. Thomas Building
3) I-9 (page 5 of Student New Hire Packet)
- Fill out page 5 of Student New Hire Packet (Section 1) and bring original, unexpired documentation (see page 7 of the Student New Hire Packet for list of acceptable documents)
- If you do not arrive with original, unexpired, acceptable documents we will have to turn you away.
- We will use the I-9 to complete your E-verify.
4) NC-4EZ (page 4 of Student New Hire Packet) tax form or NC-4
5) W-4 tax form (page 2 of Student New Hire Packet)
6) Once you are set up as an employee by payroll, you can sign up for direct deposit via your Employee Self Service tab.
Interested in a Part-Time or Summer job?
We have a job fair just for you! Details here.
Nominations for Student Employee of the Year!
If you would like to nominate a student employee for the Employee of the Year Award, please download, fill out the following form, and turn it into Student Employment.
John E. Thomas Hall, Room 389
Appalachian State University
P.O. Box 32032
Boone, NC 28608
Fax: (828) 262-2834
Phone: (828) 262-4099